rb

Monday, April 28, 2008

Haircut

No not in the financial sense of the word, but rather an actual one.

Cutting hair at one of those $10 shops is like a lottery. Either you get someone who knows how to give a decent haircut, or....

You don't.

So there I was with thick scruffy hair and desperately in ned of a haircut... and I walked into one of those shops (there's only so many near my office so you folks can go figure out which one)

There were 4... let's call them hairstylists, for want of a better word.

2 decent looking ladies, in fact one might venture so far as to call them reasonably attractive, meaning that nobody would puke if you referred to them as such. One male and one slightly pudgy looking lady.

It was a harbinger of things to come when the one I was hoping NOT to cut my hair beckoned me over....

Rather uncomfortably I took a seat and what transpired next was...

Rather than go through the details, let's just borrow a phrase from the "Teenage Textbook", which, if you haven't read it yet is a pretty funny Singaporean book.

Following passage is reproduced to the best of my memory:
"Some of his hair had been cut off, some pulled off and some dropped off in pure terror"
Or something to that effect.

#1. I have never had a hairdresser who asked me to slouch down in my chair more.
#2. Most are gentle when they reposition your head. This one was not.
#3. USUALLY I was of the impression that when you snip off hair, you do NOT start pulling the scissors away BEFORE you open the blades fully. I guess we have different beliefs.

Sorry gal, but it's not going to work out between us. Its not me, its you. Don't call me, I'll call you.

I'll still go back cos I'm a cheap ba$tard I believe in giving people second chances, but next time if suay suay kena again, I'll make believe I'm on the phone.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home