rb

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

rb the hedgehog

Strangely enough although I'm not supposed to be handling sensitive stuff... oh well.

In the words of a fellow batchmate,
"You is becoming a hedgehog"
Why? Cos when all the arrows stick out of your back, they look like spines right?
Maybe I shouldn't have had that SPINElli coffee at lunch. Ok sorry. Lame joke.

Even more strangely, the stuff I'm doing now seems more important, more relevant and above all more interesting that the other stuff I've been doing.

Other thoughts are that the higher ups DO know about the problems within their departments, and that sometimes, its just more important to get the freaking job done.

Won't elaborate more, and this is because as a recent case has shown, blogs are not really all that private, AND this might be viewed as... unprofessional.

What to do? Can't fight with some of the porfessionals in there right? Don't want to either. Just leave me alone to do what needs to be done. Don't waste my time with petty politicking.

Don't waste my time with silo mentalities either. If the information is wanted, and such information is with another department, then why the hell am I almost stopped from contacting said department for said information? Am I seriously supposed to comb through the financials of EVERY SINGLE FREAKING BANK IN SINGAPORE to consolidate the data (which even then might not be available in the annual reports)?

Time for a wake up call.

After all, some are so fond of saying
"Don't re-invent the wheel"
But apparently there are wheels and then there are square wheels. If the wheel you're currently using is SQUARE, then its time to invent a different wheel right?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home